A big part of being human is feeling sympathy, / but how early on in our lives do we learn this? / Scientists find that babies respond to other people / by crying when other babies cry. / However, babies can’t distinguish between themselves and others / until they’re eighteen to twenty months old. / Toddlers start to show concern for others around this time. / Kids also begin to do things like comforting other people. / And by the time they’re three, / most children will try to protect a victim in a fight.
PartⅡ LISTENING COMPREHENSION
SECTION A TALK
1. a physical classroom
2. a coherent concept
3. personalized curriculum
4. (more) meaningful practice
7. question and answer
8. fundamental human right
9. lifelong learning
SECTION B CONVERSATIONS
1. What’s wrong with the man’s computer?
答案：A. It has wiped the data from the flash drive.
2. How will the man be compensated if the computer can’t be fixed?
答案：C. Get a new computer.
3. How did the man feel about the woman’s offer of compensation?
4. When will the service engineer come to fix the computer?
答案：B. After 8:30 tomorrow morning.
5. What is the man’s phone number?
6. What should we do if our neighbors didn’t reach out?
答案：B. Introduce ourselves first.
7. Which is the best way to handle a noisy neighbor?
答案：C. Give him a reason to stop.
8. What should we do if we have a nosy neighbor?
答案：D. Don’t answer their questions.
9. How long do we expect our neighbors to stay?
答案：B. Five to ten minutes.
10. Where can we get more information on this topic?
答案：D. CBS news website.https://www.shan-machinery.com